Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bonjour!

(Just a little FYI: Today's blog is literally taken from an email I sent all of my gal-pal's this weekend. So, if they're reading this and are thinking "Hmmm...this sounds familiar", it's because you've read it already!)



Bonjour, mes amis!
(For those of you that didn't take french in high school, like moi, supposedly that means "hello, my friends!")

I am in a France-state-of-mind, people! I've decided that someway or somehow, I am going to move to a tiny village in the South of France, find a hot french husband, adopt a cute dog-friend, learn how to wear a scarf like all the french women, drink tons of french wine, eat an abundance of french cheeses with nice fresh baguettes, and make friends with charming french people pantomiming our conversations because they don't speak english and I don't speak a lick of french. (Except for a certain word that I learned from this tutorial on youtube. Although I have to make sure I use the right voice inflection so I don't offend my new french friends.)




I know. It sounds adventurous, doesn't it? Maybe a little too adventurous for a mademoiselle like moi??? You're probably all wondering what inspired this new life plan? Well, mes amis, it's because of this brillante (that's 'brilliant' in french!) little blog about a woman living out my new life dream:

(Go ahead...click on it! It'll take you straight to her blog. Yeah, that's right. I put the link in a picture. I'm fancy like that.)

I have been living vicariously through Sara this whole weekend, laughing out loud at her stories, and seriously craving some wine and cheese. I hope y'all enjoy it like I have! It's just too MERVEILLEUX not to share (According to google, that's 'marvellous'.)


From reading Sara's blog, I think I would fit in perfectly in Provence! Provence is located in the south of France...and I'm from the south. So, technically, I'd still be a southerner and supposedly their accents are so thick it's hard to understand them. Nothing new here!


I wonder if there's a french word for y'all?



Annnnnnnnnd, according to Sara, the French southerners are always late for everything.
SO AM I!
Punctuality is not my strong suit.
(Side note: our new sign in time at work is 7:00 in the AM...I don't know how I'm going to do it!)

The more I read her blog, the more I'm convinced I belong in France living the fabulous life. (Shhh...don't tell, but I've even looked at teaching at international schools in France, well, Paris, actually, but I think I could handle Paris!)

I hope y'all venture over to Le Petite Village and enjoy witty Sara's writings! And if I were y'all, I'd make sure I had some of this:

(rosé wine...the signature wine in Provence!)

~and~

Le fromage!

Now I can answer that snarky question thrown my way when I may, or may not be, in the best of tempers:
"Would you like some cheese with that whine???"

Why, yes. Yes, I would!


Mes amis, au revior!
~B

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what to say! I'm absolutely chuffed, and flattered! Thank you Blair, this was absolutely lovely, and you've made my day (hell, you've made my month!) x

    ReplyDelete